SET-UPS & POSITIONERS
The Tooth Positioner, since its invention in 1941, has proven to be the most exacting appliance to complete all methods of orthodontic treatment. They have even been used to correct mild malocclusions with no previous appliance treatment. It's a custom-made resilient mouthpiece.
The Positioner is constructed over a set-up model where all, or some, of the teeth have been removed and the placed into new, more ideal positions. When a Tooth Positioner is worn for the final positioning of teeth, it is possible to remove fixed appliance from three to six months earlier.
Tooth Positioner Capabilities:
1. Settle teeth into desired cuspal relationships
2. Close spaces (2mm to 3mm total in each arch)
3. Correct slight buccolingual discrepancies
4. Produce improved arch form
5. Achieve moderate rotations of anterior teeth
6. Move teeth into improved axial inclinations
7. Open or close the anterior bite
8. Serves as a retainer after any or all the above have been achieved.
An aid in treatment planning and patient/parent consultations. Provide a set of original models and indicate your treatment plan on the prescription form - also please note any teeth you intended to have extracted.
Experienced technicians will construct a set-up that illustrates anticipated treatment results - assists both the patient and parents in better understanding your treatment objectives.